12. Optionally, we can add some toasted French oak chips, 1 to 2gr/litro. For small amounts (less than 270 liters) is not possible in barrel aging. The chips can be added in fermentation, or while doing malolactic. Instruction No. 12 artisan how to make wine according verema.com
I have virtually no contact with people Verema.com on one side and do not believe in certain forms of intellectual property on the other. But it bothers me deeply when she confuses the public and also gives me all the feeling, deliberately.
I receive the newsletter verema.com because once I signed, because despite not being my stick, which I will publish interesting to keep abreast of what's happening in those universes.
Today I went to before deleting the newsletter in my mailbox the corners of my eyes read the following:
"Are you planning to make wine at home? Then surely you're interested in this new blog that we introduce: artisan wine blog . Plus you'll know every process of wine making step by step. "
And when I get to read what it is I find an introduction plus a 12-point guide that if you follow, people verema.com says you get artisan wine. Knowingly lie.
I ask them reach the intellectual development means thinking for himself or for other craftsman status. But if I ask you to be honest in disticnión between craftsman and home. What verema.com is proposing is how to make homemade wine, that is done in your home. Confusion could be a stay there if it were not nonsense and go with tops that point 12 of the guide that suggest that since you do not have one French oak barrels in the back of your house, because you solve throwing a wine oak chips!
These are times to go plays very attentive to the dear brothers. This country, all of it, has a true weakness for dodgy and we're all very nervous about what we can come up. But nothing less recommendable than groping.
What's this all about?
They know those who follow this blog and my adventures that while talking about what the wine artisan and craftsman status. Beyond the poetry that we can give to the subject, this definition I created to circumvent the debate about the natural wine on one hand and because it seemed embracing a way of relating to the creation and life.
Basically a craftsman, is one that dominates a trade and put into practice with their own hands, resulting say something authentic or representative of the person who made it and the environment in which it held.
Going to say artisan wine concept that is when:
- The creator of the wine is the winemaker.
- When the wine is made from grapes themselves.
- When in viticulture does not apply any or almost any chemical synthesis and is applied preventively.
- When the wine is made from native grape varieties, mainly.
- When the wine is made from their yeasts.
- Artisan wine is the expression of the terroir in which it occurs (soil, climate, human) without intervention to alter or in any way mask the expression of the terroir.
What are you doing verema.com with media outreach capacity has and therefore damaging an idea, when instead of proposing an innocent blog on how to make homemade wine wine goes and says craftsman?
As well, those of vinoartesano.com somo small but not stupid and yet almost nothing, something known.
* Recommend reading enlightening and very attractive sociologist Richard Sennett test, we will remove all doubt.